frequently asked questions
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about CANVAS.
1. Do I have to submit a design to be a CANVAS member?
Nope! If you're not an artist, no problem! You can vote on all the design submissions to help us choose which ones get printed.
2. What happens if my design wins?
You get paid a $5 royalty every time the t-shirt sells on C28.com! If your t-shirt is disounted to a sale price under $10, your royalties go from $5 to $2.50. If your designs sells well and C28 decides to sell it to other retailers, you'll also get a bonus of $200!
3. How are the winners chosen?
Popularity and vote score are a factor when picking winners. However, there's a lot of other factors that we consider. Here's some of the other things we look at:
• Does the design glorify God?
• Will it print well?
• Have similar designs done well on C28.com in the past?
• Is the message clear?
• Do we have too many similar concepts?
• Is the cost to print feasible?
4. How many designs can I submit?
I don't know, how many can you crank out? :) Seriously though, you can submit as many as you want, there are no limits.
5. When will I know if my design won?
Winners will be notified before the end of each month for the submissions from the prior month. (e.g. if you submitted in January, you will be notified by the end of February if you won). Once voting has closed on your design, you will receive an email showing you the final score. All designs will be voted on by CANVAS members for 21 days.
6. Is there a deadline for my CANVAS submission?
Nope! CANVAS is an ongoing program. We will be taking submissions and votes at all times.
7. How do I submit my design?
First, you need to create a CANVAS account or login using your existing C28.com Street Team, Wish List, or Express checkout account. Then you can submit your design using the CANVAS website.
8. How can I create a design?
To create your design, you'll need a professional design program such as Photoshop or Illustrator. You'll also need to download our submit kit
. For more information, please visit our Tools page
9. I don't Have a Design, can I submit an idea for a t-shirt?
At this time, CANVAS can only accept completed design submissions.
10. Can I use NOTW or C28 logos in my design?
Because NOTW and C28 are copyrighted trademarks, they cannot be used in CANVAS submissions.
11. Will my design be changed in any way before it's printed?
If your design wins and is made into a t-shirt, our production team may need to slightly modify the design in order to meet production standards.
12. Can I specify the type of material, stitching, or other details for the t-shirt?
Nope. In order to keep the CANVAS t-shirts affordable, we will be printing CANVAS designs a basic t-shirt blank.
13. If My T-shirt Doesn't Win, Can I Resubmit It?
Yes. If you decide to, please consider what changes can be made to make that design better. There's always room for improvement!
14. Can I submit the same design in multiple color variations?
Yes. We like to see your ideas of different color ways. However, it must be the same design.
15. Can I post the same design as a Guys and Girls t-shirt?
Yes. However, we prefer that they are not on the same submission. Creating 2 different submissions will help ensure accurate voting.
16. Can I Submit a CANVAS design through the mail or at a store?
No. At this time, all submissions must be sent in through the CANVAS website.
17. After I submit my design, can I change it?
In order to ensure that everyone votes on the same design, designs cannot be edited after being posted on the website.
18. Does my design need to be on a t-shirt?
Yes. Please submit your designs on a t-shirt so we know your ideas on the design's placement.